Wednesday, July 25, 2007

cyclists wrecking own sport

cycling continues the downward spiral, with the positive doping test of Cofidis rider Christian Moreni, and the subsequent sacking of his entire team from the Tour DE France. as if this was not already bad enough, the leader of the tour, after a gutsy performance resulting in a stunning victory on the last mountain stage of the tour (which would virtually insure overall victory) was thrown out of the tour by his own team and summarily fired. he is rumored to be one of the mysterious "men in black" (cyclists who train in solid colored clothes instead of their team kits to avoid detection and doping controls in the off season), and has admitted to providing false information about his whereabouts while training to the U.C.I. all of this crap just overshadows the great strides and amazing performances of the clean riders in the sport. all of this makes me pine for something pure and noble. please bring back the roller derby, where people go and compete on an even playing field with skill, aggression, and heart, for no other reason then love of the game.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to rub your lucky cat, or something! Poor David. I saw some amazing, non-drug enhanced riding by a certain Chinese JetPilot not too long ago, while climbing Haleakala in Maui. After trying to ride my bike in Mammoth at a high altitude, you have my sincere respect and admiration for getting as far as you got. I don't know how you made it as far as you did.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and before you make some silly crack about me actually riding my bike or something...let the records show - FancyPants brought his (non-road) bike on our trip to Mammoth, and didn't mount it once while on vacation. I, on the other hand, took the girls out and actually rode my bike more than once. May I also point out that my cheap bicycle bears the word "Manatee" on one of the bars in pretty writing, and that lead to several unavoidable jokes from my hubby. I figured you could use a laugh...sounds like you need it!

the screamin chinaman said...

nice, at least someone is taking the girls out riding. (although, one "girl" didn't go) hell, that girl still hasn't got his bike back from me yet.

Little Kenny said...

Oooooo, moded. Face!