Thursday, January 21, 2010

klaatu, verata, ..... nuhuahuahua

OK what the hell is going on here. the original bargain was: the west coast took the earthquakes and the mid-west took the damn tornadoes. yet today in Ventura county there was a frickin tornado reported. Maybe it was the media sensationalizing a good brisk wind I thought. I mean night after night they send six people at a time to go out and stand in the rain to explain to me what rain is and how dangerous the situation is like it's this brand new idea. the problem is there were multiple witnesses. I know, I know, the people the "news" find to put on their broadcasts are not usually the most reliable cats in the world. nothing against that feller with three teeth in riverside who explains he likes to stay in the park and use the drinking fountain when it's hot, but I'm not sure he's the fountain of information that I want to fill my cup from. these witnesses seemed almost credible though, they spoke clearly, were able to enunciate words, and most importantly had all their teeth! Now, we are veering off on that particular tangent right now, but I promise an issue as important as " the tooth to brain cell ratio " will be addressed in the future. back to the topic, I reached for the remote to change the channel in complete disdain of witness testimony ( even as credible as it seemed ) when they started showing pictures of physical evidence of a tornado. this wasn't the average " 2 inch thick branch sitting in the middle of the road ", this was a ginormous tree uprooted lifted and smashed down on a car. this tree was so big you almost had to take their word that a car was under it. I realize that the credit crunch is terrible and mortgages are defaulted on left and right. this naturally leads to more people living in sub-standard housing, and by that I mean trailer parks, but regardless of the amount of tornado magnets we group together in this state, the deal is the deal. I hope whoever is responsible for this egregious error in judgement will hold to the deal in the future. earthquakes = west coast, tornadoes = mid-west do the math and lets get it right from here on out. thank you, the management.

No comments: