Monday, January 4, 2010

do you believe in magic


It's well known that I am a pretty cynical bastard, I realize it and have managed to come to terms with the fact that I will always be a little bit jaded. Yet something has happened that has rocked the foundation of my critical thought process. We have all seen infomercials and laughed aloud. some of my favorites are the little giant step ladder, anything Ginsu, anything George Foreman, and of course the the Slap chop. We watch these over the top "personalities" pitching what we assume are the most ridiculous, cheap, unnecessary pieces of crap that we will never need, and if we ever did buy them they would be broken the first time we tried to use them. Then I witnessed this at our annual white elephant get together. The pure unbridled joy captured in this moment stunned me. maybe I've been to jaded, maybe I should re-evaluate my position on everything I see from now on. I mean if the snuggie commercial with everyone dancing and partying in their snuggies is actually the truth, then perhaps my life isn't complete unless I own a slap chop with complimentary grady. Who knows, should I stay up tonight and buy everything my television says to. Should I vote for whoever Fox and Larrry King tell me to? Should I bow to the "wisdom" of the collective masses and start riding a fixed gear in tight capri man pants and a fedora? I'm not sure, I guess I'll have to just start by being a little less sarcastic and I think this post was just what the doctor ordered!

No comments: