Friday, August 22, 2008

what is best in life


alright, I am just as impressed as the rest of the world with how fast Mr. Phelps can swim. I am however, equally unimpressed with his attitude and ego. Am I the only one who is sick of hearing people debate whether or not this kid is "the greatest Olympian ever"? I mean really we get it the kid swims fast, yippee, but the Olympics is supposed to be about more the just your athletic prowess. they are supposed to bring people of very diverse cultures and backgrounds together to share in good clean competition, with the emphasis on sportsmanship. the Olympics aren't supposed to be the fighting pits of Sumaria, where you crush your enemies see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women. you aren't supposed to beat your chest and howl gloriously over the body of your fallen competitor, while the crowds shower you with howls of lust and fury. So yes the kid does swim fast, but after watching his behavior when he is winning, I have decided that for my money he is not the greatest Olympian ever, he's not even close.

2 comments:

Little Kenny said...

Your comments with regards to the Olympics as an ideal are correct.

I still like phelps though or at least as you say his swimming ability.

the screamin chinaman said...

you said you like a man... you're gay. huh, huh, huh...